Thursday, December 3, 2015

Happy Something-ish Birthday!!!


Today is my wife, my best friend and my inspiration Christine’s something-ish Birthday!! As part of her birthday gift I have decided to blog about her. There are a few things you need to know prior to reading this, I have a sense or humor and can be somewhat sarcastic, I have never written a blog entry before and Christine has been my auto-correct for many years on anything I have written. If my grammar is off, I’m sure she will send out the corrected version.
We have entered into a challenging birthday this year. A birthday, that can be handled many different ways and could cause more harm than good. I have chosen to use this birthday as a celebration of you, rather than a hill that you have climbed. I will not say the number because it is just that, a number. Christine’s value to each person she has touch throughout her entire life does not need a number, but needs to be acknowledge and celebrated. I want to be one of the first and would hope for everyone that reads this, send her a message about how she has impacted your life, made you laugh, helped you or gave you the vision and strength in difficult times. The current world we live in does not always give us the time or the platform to say how we feel about someone, now is our chance!
Dear Christine,
You and I have known each other for almost half of my life. You have blessed us with 3 amazing and very different children; Nicholas, Jack and Vivian. Each of them have changed us for the better and made our love stronger. Each child stays true to who they are, and that is how you are. I can see your influence in each of them, in their looks, personalities and in the things they love. I know our children love you more than you know, even if they don’t get you sometimes. You have always put their best interests in front of your own. You work hard to be the best advocate for them to be successful and to have opportunities to grow. You love them to the moon and back and they feel the same way.
You have always tried to give me the things I would not do for myself. Giving me the vision to look outside my world and become a better person. You were a huge influence on me going back to school and finally finishing, striving for promotions and you gave me the understanding, time and support, when life changed. You encouraged me to sign up for a tennis league, after not playing for years and dealt with all the times I wanted to quit. You have taken me my first show, concerts like Billy Joel, baseball/ football games (Which were great outside of the epic defeats my teams had on those occasions), on vacations (to many places I may have never gone), and countless other adventures. You have pushed to create and maintain family traditions, like cutting down our Christmas tree. Cutting down the tree became more fun when I found a tree stand that gave me the ability not to swear at the tree. You love to take pictures that tell our story and capture moments forever. You throw the best parties, make very cool plans for us and help us celebrate our lives. I admit I may not have appreciated some them at the time, but I do now. Your imprint on my life is something I can’t replace.
You are strength, courage and vision. You have given me the strength to overcome difficulties, the courage to try new things and the vision to see that anything is possible. You fight each day to balance life and work. You make sacrifices for what you deserve, to make that balance work. It doesn’t go un-noticed. You have a beautiful smile, an infectious laugh and an amazing heart. Those traits you have passed onto our children.

I love when you sing, it has grown on me. I love your compassion. I love your eyes. I love that you want to help everyone. I love your confidence. I love that bring people together. I love how you let things go and remain positive. I love that you can trust. I love that you laugh at my jokes and even more you can laugh at yourself. I love that you have great friends that are like pieces to your life puzzle. I love how much you love our kids (and our dog Jenny, sometimes she needs someone in her corner). I love it when you give me a hug. I love your hair, not how much it costs to maintain. I love your drive. I love your courage. I love your support. I love that you try. I love that you don’t take to easiest path. I love that you are concerned about others you haven’t even met. I love your kiss. I love smile. I love that I know you. I love your energy, except early in the morning. I love that you don’t change you to be part of something. I LOVE YOU!!!

I could’ve kept going but some people that are reading this have to work in the morning. I am very thankful for us meeting many years ago. It may have come with some bumps, but I think we are better people and a couple because of them. I am a better person because of us meeting. Consider this Birthday a time to reflect on the lives you have touched and the many more you will in the future. Please share stories, words or something that makes you smile about Christine and how she has made an imprint on your life. Big or small, private or public they all have meaning.

Happy Something-ish Birthday!!!

Love,
Bernie

No comments:

Post a Comment